So someone brought up gnome hunters in the comments on my last post, so are you ready to talk about it? I am READY to talk about it.
In case you hadn’t heard, Blizzard has been dropping hints about gnome hunters on Twitter for about a week now. Mechanical chicken pet included:
— Alex Afrasiabi (@Abrosiabi) November 13, 2015
What do I think about this? Well obviously I am
about this, because I love gnomes and I love hunters. Let’s talk a little bit more about it:
- Gnome hunters will now exist. That’s awesome.
- Even people who don’t like gnomes will be happy, because this gives them more chances to kill gnomes in PvP (although why would you ever do that??)
- MECHANICAL CHICKEN PET (assuming it’s not temporary, at least)
- This gives me hope for the idea of MORE mechanical pets in the future.
- Every race in the game can now be a hunter, which is good for diversity/player choice.
- Roleplaying opportunities, anyone?
- Like, nothing. There are no negatives to this.
Let’s talk about faction stuff a little bit. Long-time readers probably remember that I mostly played Alliance back in the day, and these days I mostly play Horde. The fact is that, as time has gone on, Blizzard has managed to make the Horde more and more appealing to me. I’ve always loved Tauren a great deal, but Blizzard later graced the Horde with blood elves and goblins (basically just green gnomes), both of whom I really love. They also made Orgrimmar a heck of a lot cooler than it used to be.
Meanwhile, Alliance got worgen, whose movements and animations are weird and jarring to me (sorry worgen fans) and a Stormwind revamp that I’m not a huge fan of. (I just miss old Stormwind, okay?)
Throw in the expansive vanity guild bank I have Horde-side and I’m pretty much playing that faction exclusively.
So on a personal level, there are pluses and minuses to gnome hunters. The plus is that I can drop a level boost on a gnome hunter and then play with my friends, since I feel like approximately 99% of the people I want to play WoW with are Alliance.
But on the negative side, any gnome hunter I make probably won’t end up being a “main”, because a gnome hunter wouldn’t be Horde, and I’d prefer to stay Horde.
Oh well. GNOMES!