Today’s post is a shoutout to Lanjelin’s Signature Generator. Now, through the years, there have been a lot of WoW signature generators out there. Many of these promised all sorts of shiny things like huge amounts of customization and automatic updating and then failed to deliver. Heck, I have some of these “automatic updating” banners bookmarked that still say I’m level 70 and spec’d 41/20/0.

So I gave up on signatures for a while, figuring they weren’t really worth the trouble of upkeep, but then I stumbled across Lanjelin’s Signature Generator, which is perfect for alt-o-holics or people who just want something simple. Check it out:

Isn’t that cool? It gets right down to business and tells you the race/class/level of my active characters that I want it to display.

The best part is that Lanjelin is active with it; I submitted a bug recently and it was fixed within a couple of hours. In addition, we had a very nice e-mail exchange.

So if you have billions of characters and want a nice compact way to display them, go check it out :3

Edit:

I got some feedback from Lanjelin on Monday, December 6:

“Thanks for the positive feedback, glad you like my signature generator.

Got some bad news about it though, Blizzard have decided to release a new version of Armory, on a new server/address with everything completely rewritten.

As for now, they haven’t released a way for 3rd-party sites to fetch data from Armory, so my signature generator is currently not able to update/add any characters.

I even made it ready for Cataclysm races, when I get this thrown in my face.

Hope to get it back up & running as soon as possible.”

13 Responses to “Lanjelin’s Signature Generator”
  1. Stop says:

That’s fantastic! I’d been looking for something like this to use on our guild forums so it wasn’t huge and obnoxious. Good find, Pike!

2. Marianne says:

Mine is almost as much a theme as yours is XD

@ Stop – Isn’t it great?

@ Marianne – Haha, yeah, SUPER obvious what classes/races I like… also, I fixed your comment. Your link should be showing up now! (Not sure why the commenting system here likes to mess up links)

4. Miku says:

Out of curiosity, what was the bug?

5. Cialbi says:

Seen that one a few times lately. It would be a bit odd for me right now, seeing as I’d only have 3 entries.

Still, thanks for the info!

@ Miku – The generator would not accept realms with more than two words in the name (for example, “The Venture Co”. Fixed now, though.

@ Cialbi – Yeeeah, it definitely looks better with more characters…

7. krizzlybear says:

The lack of a mage in that sig is heartbreaking T_T

You know you want your own squirtle. You know it.

8. Rades says:

Oooh these sigs are great! Concise and sharp!! I’ll use these from now on. :D

@ Krizzlybear – you know what, you’re right. *pledges to start leveling mage again*

@ Rades – <3

10. Mister Adequate says:

Hunters and druids. My, what a surprise!

11. Sarai says:

I saw that and tried it out already, I like it alot. Except now I realize how much of an altoholic I am……

Soooo many hunters and druids. XD

12. Lanjelin says:

Thanks for the positive feedback, glad you like my signature generator.

I even made it ready for Cataclysm races, when I get this thrown in my face.

Hope to get it back up & running as soon as possible.

-Lanjelin

@ Lanjelin – Oh, I’m sorry to hear that! I’ll update the post so everyone knows, though. I hope it gets sorted out soon.