petquilt

Left to right, top to bottom:

Tux, Level 80; Locke, Level 80; Eltanin, Level 79; Wash, Level 80
Alyosha, Level 70; Ivan, Level 70; Serenity, Level 70; Dmitri, Level 70
Kolya, Level 33; Regulus, Level 38; Alnair, Level 39; Chakapas, Level 37
Clifford, Level 18; Fiskars, Level 18; Scraps, Level 14; Niels, Level 16

And yes, there’s more. Though they are sadly attached to hunters who I don’t play as often. (The pets of six different hunters are represented in this quilt.)

…and yes, looking at this picture fills me with warm fuzzies. <3

33 Responses to “PetQuilt”
  1. Requisition says:

Too many kittens! Only Red Lynx should be on there. :P

2. Tzia says:

Plenty of kittens :) And I love the piggy Niels especially. If I did this… then again, I’d better not. ^_^ TOO many hunters = too many pets too.

3. Kelesaria says:

warm fuzzies = /win

that is so awesome, I think I am inspired, but my hunter pets would make it about 3 pages long (6 hunters x 3 or more pets each, wow)

4. Isisxotic says:

This is simply awesome :)

5. Krey says:

Heya Pike!
    I called my black kitty Pike, in honor of Pike!
    And the tigger from STV that I just can’t give up I’ve called Pearls. I think because my kitty ate some pearls, and is kindo smug about it all.
    I was wondering, does any of your pet names got some sort of back story?

P.S. Love what you do, keep it up!

@ Requisition -pffft, don’t make Locke come after ya. =P

@ Krey – ok, I’ve gotta see a screenshot of that now. And yes. All of my pet names have a backstory.

Tux – Linux mascot
    Locke – 19th century philosopher (like Hobbes), also a character from Final Fantasy 6
    Eltanin – brightest star in the constellation Draco
    Wash – character from “Firefly”
    Alyosha, Ivan, Dmitri – the three Brothers Karamazov
    Serenity – …from the show “Firefly”
    Kolya – another character in “Brothers Karamazov” (can you tell it’s my favorite book?)
    Regulus – star in the constellation “Leo”
    Alnair – another star name, means “Bright One”
    Chakapas – name of a hunter in a Native American legend
    Clifford – The Big Red Dog (get it?)
    Fiskars – brand of scissors
    Scraps – longtime cartoon character of mine that I invented and still draw frequently
    Niels – Niels “Boar” (Bohr); scientist

7. Aoirselvar says:

No one can argue your love and commitment to the hunter class.

8. Zwingli says:

Ok, so if we silk screen the pictures onto t-shirt material…can we then make it into a real quilt?!?!?!?!

That would be great!

Z

9. Sarai says:

That is awesome! I would love to do that with my pets, but it would take up the whole page. >.>

10. [...] from Aspect of the Hare made a seeable bedclothes of the pets on her different Hunters (pic above.) Head to her place for their obloquy and [...]

11. [...] from Aspect of the Hare made a visual quilt of the pets on her various Hunters (pic above.) Head to her site for their names and [...]

12. [...] from Aspect of the Hare made a visual quilt of the pets on her various Hunters (pic above.) Head to her site for their names and [...]

13. Euri says:

Zomg! You’re on WowInsider’s front page!

14. nikoli says:

I have to know, what is the original mob name of your spotted wolf on the bottom left (Clifford)??? I must have one!!

@ Nikoli – He is not spotted, he’s scratching himself with his foot =P He’s one of the low-level wolves from the dwarven starting zone I believe.

16. Phyllixia says:

Quite a collection you have there…. but I think it’s biased towards kitties! :P

17. Mister Adequate says:

Shocking, shocking dearth of turtles, crabs, and other things which aren’t cats.

18. Xanthelei says:

You are, indeed, the Pike of Win. That or all Hunters are of a communal mind these days? :P If I were to do a quilt using all my Hunters’ pets… it’d probably be about as big, haha.

19. Avaric says:

Totally love the pic. If I did something like this there’d be at least five frostsaber pride watchers and three Humars in it. :)

20. [...] from Aspect of the Hare made a visual quilt of the pets on her various Hunters (pic above.) Head to her site for their names and [...]

21. Tora says:

Heh, I can understand the warm fuzzies. ^^

I don’t have as many hunters with pets as you do, but man I’ll never forget the first time I tamed a raptor on my first hunter. I didn’t care it was pink, it was a RAPTOR! Foshizzle.

22. eresin says:

there’s no spirit beast!

23. [...] from Aspect of the Hare made a visual quilt of the pets on her various Hunters (pic above.) Head to her site for their names and [...]

24. [...] the rest here:  PetQuilt Share and [...]

25. Konekogirl says:

my fave is the white tiger it rocks i so want one XD

26. Sevei says:

lol way to many Cats for my tastes, though the rare one in the Barrens is kool (I can’t remember it’s name lol) My pets consist of Draithius (Chimera), Gorilladin (Gorilla :P ), Blacksting (Wasp) and Chewyourface (Wolf).

27. Pookii says:

Wash? From Firefly? I loved that guy, he was hilarious! I cried when he died in the series finale/movie spin-off Serenity /bawls

Where did u get Regulus? I MUST have him!

28. [...] from Aspect of the Hare made a visual quilt of the pets on her various Hunters (pic above.) Head to her site for their names and [...]

29. Great work! I also have my own blog I just find it hard to write quality content like this.
    I guess I really don’t have the time.

30. Great work! I also have my own blog I just find it hard to write quality content like this.
    I guess I really don’t have the time.

31. Rubyoptics says:

You gotta love cats! However, one that sadly seems to be missing ( and no, its not the god-damn spirit beast ) is the ghost leopard. Man i love mine, used to see a few hunters running around with them, but to my recent memory havent seen anyone else in a good few months now with one. Why the neglect??!!! On an aside, great work you’re doing here Pike, the hunter community is better and stronger for this site <3

32. Judha says:

hey i was just wondering where you got Clifford that weird looking would and wat his actual name is?